請鍵入關鍵字搜尋本站資料

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Dare的用法
W3 v, modal v
1. [I not in progressive] to be brave enough to do something that is risky or that you are afraid to do - used especially in questions or negative sentences:
▬ He wanted to ask her, but he didn't dare.
▬ 'I'll tell Dad.' 'You wouldn't dare!'
dare (to) do sth
▬ I daren't go home.
▬ Only a few journalists dared to cover the story.
▬ She hardly dared hope that he was alive.
▬ Dare we admit this?


2. 你竟敢how dare you加原形動詞: spoken said to show that you are very angry and shocked about what someone has done or said
▬ How dare you accuse me of lying!


3. 你敢試試看don't you dare!: spoken said to warn someone not to do something because it makes you angry
▬ Don't you dare talk to me like that!

4. 跟你打賭[T] to try to persuade someone to do something dangerous or embarrassing as a way of proving that they are brave: dare sb to do sth
▬ One night they dared Frank to steal a bottle of his father's whiskey.
▬ So jump, then. I dare you (to省略).

5. 容我這樣說dare I say/suggest: spoken formal used when saying something that you think people may not accept or believe
▬ I thought the play was, dare I say it, boring.

6. 我猜測I dare say: also I daresay
spoken especially BrE used when saying or agreeing that something may be true
▬ I dare say things will improve.

dare 2 n [C] something dangerous that you have dared someone to do
for a dare
BrE
on a dare
AmE (=because someone has dared you to)
▬ She ran across a busy road for a dare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post. I will be dealing with some of these issues as well.
.

Here is my blog post Calories burned walking calculator